Thermal cleaning is a process that uses heat to remove contaminants from surfaces. The heat causes the contaminants to expand and break away from the surface, where they can be collected and removed. The smoke then runs through a 1600°F afterburner consuming the pollutants, leaving only invisible, odorless and harmless water vapor and carbon dioxide to exit the exhaust stack. Making it the environment friendly greener choice. Thermal cleaning can be used on a variety of surfaces, including metals, glass, and ceramics as an effective way to clean surfaces without any damage or harm to the environment.
One of the many advantages of thermal cleaning is that the heat quickly reaches every spot in the part for containment removal. Leaving no stone unturned. In the LS system we use interchangeable baskets to quickly move parts from oven to blast as well as clean out stage to shake off and cool down the parts. Minimizing handling. We can even automate the transfer from each stage, giving you a minimal labored process. Set it and forget it. Automation = reduced labor.
Benefits: With benefits like these it’s a no brainer.
- Clean Aluminum & Cast Iron at the Same Time! Mix your materials.
- Eliminates Chemical – Say Goodbye to Caustic Cleaning!
- PreMachine Cleaning for All Heads, Cranks, Blocks, tools and Other Parts.
- Eliminates 95% of Chemical Usage, Reduces Hazardous Waste
- Eliminates Wire Brush Cleaning and Glass Beading. No manual process needed.
- Allows Airless Shot Blast Cleaning without Loose Media Retention, saving on media costs and operational costs.
- Cleans more thoroughly than other methods.
- Will Not Harm Delicate Metal Areas of Cast Iron, Aluminum, and Sheet Metal.
- Eliminates Hot Spots by Exclusive Controlled Burn Cycle
- Reduces Utility Costs up to 75%
- Reduces Cleaning Time from 30% to 3% for most applications
- Cuts labor costs by reducing labor time.
- Increase Shop Labor Output, castings ready to machine in as little as 55 minutes
If you have a paint line, without a doubt you can benefit from thermal cleaning. Common Applications:
- Paint Hook Cleaning / Stripping
- Paint Rack & Fixture Cleaning
- Paint Grates Cleaning
- Automotive Part Rebuilding / Engines
- Paint Rejects – Rework
- Wheel / Rim Refinishing
- Paint / Coating Stripping on any metal part – Powder Coat Stripping to Raw Metal
Want to learn more about this 3-step process and how it can start improving your cleaning? Let’s talk.
East Coast Sales